How much does the Theory Test cost?

£25 for weekdays, evenings and weekends.

How much does the Practical Test cost?

£62 for weekdays and £75 for evenings, weekends and bank holidays.

How much does a provisional licence cost?

£50 for your first licence, £20 to replace a lost or stolen licence.

How long does my provisional last for?.

Your provisional entitlement lasts until the age of 70 regardless of licence style held, but if you have a new style photocard licence, the licence its self has to be renewed every 10 years so the photo is up to date.

How long does it take to learn to drive?

Everybody is different and it will take differing lengths of time for each individual to learn. The driving standards agency recommends at least 47 hours of professional tuition in conjunction with private practice before taking your test. So as an individual you may need more or less than this.

Will I always have the same instructor?

Yes you will always have the same instructor

How much notice do I have to give to cancel a lesson?

We require 48hrs notice to cancel or rearrange a lesson or you will be charged

What type of car will I be driving?

The Manual is a BMW 1 series and the Automatic is a Mitsubishi Colt

How many lessons should I have a week?

It’s entirely up to you but it is recommended that you try to do 2 lessons a week as this will consolidate your learning and help you achieve quicker results.

How long are the lessons?

Lesson duration is usually anywhere from an hour upwards, but will depend on the individual. Some people will find longer lessons more beneficial where as others may benefit from shorter lessons manual. Check the tyre pressures by using a reliable pressure gauge when the tyres are cold. Don't forget the spare and remember to refit the valve caps.

How do I book my test?

You can follow the link on our practical or theory test pages, or go to the website, alternatively you can call the DSA on 0300 200 11 22

What do I need to take with me on the day of my test?

You need to take your driving licence, this will be both parts if you have a new style. If you have an old style licence you will need to take a passport for your photographic ID, this is the only form of photographic ID that will be accepted. You also need to take your confirmation letter and your theory test pass letter.

driving exellence photo2.png